Como dizer "possibilidade de ter sido..." em inglês

Flavia.lm 1 10 95
Pessoal,
Deu defeito na tecla sap aqui:

Há alguma possibilidade de isso ter sido feito por alguém da sua equipe?
Is there any (A) possibility/chance (B) of/that this (C) ter sido feito by someone (D) of/from your team?

(A) are "possibility" and "chance" interchangeable?
(B) of or that?
(C) ter sido feito = ?
(D) of or from?

Anúncio Você tem medo de falar inglês? - Se você já estudou inglês mas ainda se sente inseguro(a) saiba que o primeiro passo é se expor ao idioma. Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor de inglês nativo, você vai se surpreender o quanto isso pode fazer a diferença.

Começar agora!
12 respostas
Flavia.lm 1 10 95
Tô pensando aqui.

Há alguma possibilidade de que isso tenha sido feito por alguém da sua equipe?
"tenha sido feito" = subjuntivo?
muda alguma coisa?
Donay Mendonça 22 102 1.5k
Olá Flávia,

Sugestão:

Is there a possibility/chance (that) it was done by one of your staff members?
Is there a possibility/chance (that) it has been done by one of your staff mambers?
Is there a possibility/chance (that) it was done/has been done by someone from your team?

(A)Yes,they are.(In my opinion)
(B) That
(C)Was done/has been done-->Na minha opinião não há uma diferença relevante neste caso.
(D) From

Boa sorte!
Flavia.lm 1 10 95
thank you, Donay
maryziller 1 1
donay mendonça escreveu:Olá Flávia,

Sugestão:

Is there a possibility/chance (that) it was done by one of your staff members?
Is there a possibility/chance (that) it has been done by one of your staff mambers?
Is there a possibility/chance (that) it was done/has been done by someone from your team?

(A)Yes,they are.(In my opinion)
(B) That
(C)Was done/has been done-->Na minha opinião não há uma diferença relevante neste caso.
(D) From

Boa sorte!
1. We don't usually say "Is there a possibility that it was done by one of your staff members."
We usually say "Is there any possibility..." or is there any chance that...

2. Likewise don't use 'chance' to ask, "Is there a chance of..." unless you are asking very formally about the weather.
"Is there a chance of rain tomorrow?" (It is more common to ask, "Is it going to rain tomorrow?") The weatherman will say on TV, "There is a chance of showers/snow flurries tomorrow."

3. It is more common to say "done by one of your staff", instead of saying "staff members," leaving out the extra word 'members.'
'Members' is redundant like saying your "father-parent" instead of your 'father'.
Flavia.lm 1 10 95
thank you, Mary!
Anúncio Descubra seu nível de inglês em 15 minutos! - Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu inglês.

Começar agora!
maryziller 1 1
You are welcome, Flavia. I have enjoyed your many insightful and thoughtful posts. Thank you for your helpful contributions!
Flavia.lm 1 10 95
Thank you very much for your very kind words, Mary. It's been a great pleasure to be among such experts like you.
But when I use:

...have been done....

I've got an idea that the same mistake happened more than once. I mean, it was done sometime in the past, and it still happening until now. Am I wrong?

Thanks
Alexandre
Olá Alexandre,

Not necessarily more than once or still happening now.

Ex:It´s been done by someone I really like.(Foi feito por alguém que gosto muito.)

All the best,
Henry Cunha 3 17 182
My preference:

Is it possible this was done by someone on your staff?

Regards
Anúncio Descubra seu nível de inglês em 15 minutos! - Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu inglês.

Começar agora!
Flavia.lm 1 10 95
Always simplifying our lives...

tks Henry
Hello,

1.I really believe there is nothing wrong or uncommon with "Is there a chance...?" or "One of your staff members".I´ve always known these constructions are acceptable and commonly used by English native speakers.Here are a few sentences that might explain this:

Is there a chance he'll jump into the race?--Money.cnn.com
Is there a chance that he was somehow involved?--Nytimes.com

2."Any chance" is also another option which is,to me,as common as "a chance",even in interrogative sentences.Google can show this.

3.I really don´t agree that "members" makes the expression "staff members" sound redundant.
(NAmE) Staff members(Oxford)
http://www.oup.com/oald-bin/web_getald7index1a.pl

Regards,
Ainda precisa de ajuda? Confira algumas opções:
  1. Clique no botão "Responder" (abaixo) e faça sua pergunta sobre este assunto;
  2. Faça uma nova pergunta;
  3. Converse grátis com um professor nativo por 15 minutos: Saiba como!