Correção de texto: Deceiving himrself

Deceiving himself

I had i friend who used to tell a lot of lies about his life. But he actually was deceiving himself, because anybody believed in his stories. This is because some stories were so incoherent that it was impossible to believe on them.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39195 6 32 684
I had a friend who used to tell a lot of lies about his life. But he actually was deceiving (or fooling/kidding) himself, because nobody believed in his stories. This [u]was[/u] because some stories were so incoherent that it was impossible to believe in them. (or... believe them)

Other choice of words could be: This happened because some stories were so incoherent that...
This happened because some of his stories were so incoherent that...
I had a friend who used to tell a lot of lies about his life. However, he actually was misleading himself. Nobody believed on his stories. That happened because some of them were contradictory, thus causing none to accept as true ones..
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39195 6 32 684
I still think the verb believe goes with the preposition in. Well, if I am not mistaken, of course.

http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/gramma ... _verbs.htm
Yes, correct. The verb to believe asks for the preposition "in", not on.
But... I can't believe_that story....(no preposition here) it's a transitive verb.
also, I believe you...