Correção de texto: Vestibular

I heard that in U.S they don't use exams to enter at university, just use the grades from high school and compete with oneanother, there is no public universitys where everybody could go by free, but there is so many chances to get scholarships, here, we need to go a exam called vestibular, and compete with many people, there is many diferent ways to enter in university here, exist some university where they accept grades from high school, so you don't need to do vestibular, but only on private universitys, at public university is requared to do vestibular and ENEM, it's so hard cause althought you know the subjects required sometimes you can't interpret the question and be confused and also very nervous, the unique way to enter in public universitys is studying a lot and count with Lucky..

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39205 6 32 684
I heard that in U.S they don't use exams to enter at university, just use the grades from high school and compete with oneanother, there is no public universitys where everybody could go by free, but there is so many chances to get scholarships, here, we need to go a exam called vestibular, and compete with many people, there is many diferent ways to enter in university here, exist some university where they accept grades from high school, so you don't need to do vestibular, but only on private universitys, at public university is requared to do vestibular and ENEM, it's so hard cause althought you know the subjects required sometimes you can't interpret the question and be confused and also very nervous, the unique way to enter in public universitys is studying a lot and count with Lucky..

I have learned (1) heard that in U.S they don't use entrance exams to get to university (or - as a way of getting to university), the grades from high school are used and compared to the grade average of other students.
There are no public universities where everybody can study for free, but there are many chances to get scholarships. Here, in Brazil, one has to take an entrance examination and pass the test to be admitted to some (public) universities of the country.
These exams to select students to Brazilian universities is called vestibular in Brazil, and are rather competitive. More so, the ones to public universities, the more sought-after by some students.
But there are many way to be selected, depending on the university of choice, some accept the high-school average grades as a way of assessment to qualification to higher education. It´s a way of not taking the vestibular, but this way is adopted mostly by private universities.
In the casee of federal universities is required to take either the vestibular or the ENEM (a non-mandatory entrance exam).
The ENEM, is optional, but many people judge it as hard and confusing, because even if you know the subjects well, you can make mistakes; given that
it´s subjective, and prone to misinterpretation on the part of (some) members of the examination board.
Plus, the exam takes so long, and it uses such a verbose wording, that it leaves the candidate anxious and prone to misinterpretations himself.
So, there is that general perception that the only way to be admitted into a public university is studying a lot; but not only. One has to be very lucky as well.

(1) I have learned - eu soube, tomei conhecimento, me disseram, tive a informação (de que), etc.
My knee-jerk reaction was that, somehow, you knew the information by hearsay (hence, you listened someone say so...), I am not saying that "heard" is wrong or right, just that "learned" is more general in kind, and it´s desirable under the current context.
(2.a) exams to enter university (not at...if you enter you don´t enter "at" - at would mean that you are in the general direction, or in some non-specified part of the university, my thinking here, though.
(2.b) exams to enter university - university entrance exams, better worded, many would think.

=========
Let´s wait for someone else to polish it further.
Any comment is welcome.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!