Learning English through videogames

Avatar do usuário edrob518 3160 6 71
From my point of view learning a new language through something pleasable is way better than sit through a whole English class , which focus too much on grammar points and stuff , and I want to make very clear that I am not minimizing its importance, on the contrary. It goes without saying grammar is extremelly important for an English learner who is still at the beginning and does not know anything, how to make a sentence and how the language works and so on. Without further ado I'll start talking about videogame and how it can help English students brush up on their English.
Nedless to say the majority part of the teenagers population around the world like videogames and also adults, and according to a source, this number has been increasing anualy due to the fact videogames are addictive, once you play it there's no turning back you are already hooked on it from the very beginning. I, for instance am a living example that this is true. But just like anything it has disadvantages as well as advantages. Now, let me talk a little bit about its advantages. Unlike othes think, videogame is a powerful and effective tool to improve a new language, you may be wondering how now .Well ,firstly you are doing something you enjoy, secondly all of videogames,especially adventures games provides the most imput because they are based on dialogues and the progress of the game depends completelly on understanding the dialogue not only to go to the next level but also to understand what's going on in the game.When you are playing videogame you are in a situation where knowing English makes you feel good, in other words you are mixing business with pleasure, if you know English it helps you to solve the puzzles and understand the game and the enjoyment will be complete. English is, I would say the icing on the cake. here are some of the most notiaciable benifts of the videogames : firstly you learn correct spellings of English words, secondly you improve your listening and last but not least some phrases used by your character sticks in your head so that helping you create your own sentences.With regard to vocabulary always keep a dictionary near you to clear you doubts up.Whenever you come across an english word you'd never seen before or an expression immediatelly look up its meaning in a dictionary be it on the internet or paper the most important thing is to look up the new word and then if you like you can write it down to you remember it forever. Now when you mother order you to turn the videogame off you already have an excuse to say and this for sure might come in handy for those of you who couldnt come up with a good excuse to gain an extra minutes or even hours playing your favorite game. :lol:

Looking forward to listening from you guys :)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39165 6 32 684
From my point of view learning a new language through something pleasable is way better than sit through a whole English class.

I found it interesting, the use of the word ''pleasable", in a speech it would ooh-ahh the audience; but in an essay/academical work I don´t advise to. And I am going to explain why.

Google Ngram don´t ever "find it".
https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?c ... le%3B%2Cc0

Google didn´t bring any hits, crawling within the Guardian, for instance. It seems like the "did you mean" feature takes over and replaces it by pleasurable:
https://www.google.com.br/webhp?sourcei ... ardian.com

So, perhasps would be a good idea to use something pleasurable/enjoyable/entertaining/fun etc.

http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-d ... leasurable
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" this number has been increasing anualy due to the fact videogames are addictive..."
This number has been increasing year after year/every year this number has been increasing.

In your title you suggests that you are going to theorize about "videogames", then on some parts you switch to "videogame", then gets flip-flopping to "videogames" and back. It´s good practice to stick to one or the other (the same would hold to verb tenses, normally, although this verb tense thing is just a passing commentary here.)

---------------------------
Not "Nedless to say" (nor "needles to say", just in case...), needless to say.
--------------------------
once you play it there's no turning back, you are already hooked on it from the very beginning. (a comma added here).

---------------
you may be wondering how now
You may now be wondering how.
---------------
Well ,firstly you are doing something you enjoy,
Again, in a speech or oral English, it´s fine. But using "well" in an essay would spoil your score points.
===============
imput
Uh-oh, I think you meant "input" here.
===============
When you are playing videogame you are in a situation where knowing English makes you feel good, in other words you are mixing business with pleasure. If you know English, it helps you to solve the puzzles and understand the game and the enjoyment will be complete.

I like the idea and the imagery of "in other words, you are mixing business with pleasure."

=========
notiaciable = ( translation >> noticeable )
benifts = (translation into English >> benefits)
=====
benifts of the videogames
Should be: benefits of videogames, instead.
============

Whenever you come across an English word you'd never seen before or an expression, you can immediatelly look it up a dictionary; be it on the Internet or a in print (the Dictionary I mean.). What matters, is that look the word up then you can write it down, if you like.
This way you will have a register to remember forever.

=============
I advise you not get your paragraphs and some long sentences without pauses (commas, periods etc). Those signs help the reader to get the "flow" of the text.

==================

Hope it helps!