That won't do - Tradução em português

Hi people!
I've been reading Eclipse and I came across with the sentence in bold, but I didn't get its right meaning. what does this mean?

"You see, Bella, I was always that boy. In my world, I was already a man. I wasn't looking for love - no, I was far too eager to be a soldier for that; I thought of nothing but the idealized glory of the war that they were selling prospective draftees then - but if I had found . . ."He paused, cocking his head to the side." I was going to say if I had found someone, but that won't do. If I had found you, there isn't a doubt in my mind how I would have proceeded. I was that boy, who would have - as soon as I discovered that you were what I was looking for - gotten down on one knee and endeavored to secure your hand. I would have wanted you for eternity, even when the word didn't have quite the same connotations."

thanks in advance

TESTE DE NÍVEL Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
6 respostas
Isso não dá! Isso não serve! Isso não cabe aqui...
I believe the verb will in negative form is to the word 'someone'.

e.g.
Someone won't do.
Thomas 7 60 290
He paused, cocking his head to the side." I was going to say if I had found someone, but that won't do. If I had found you...

But that won't do = mas isso não seria aceitável, mas isso não daria, etc.
(that = what he was going to say)
Hi,

I will never imagine it.
Donay Mendonça 22 107 1.6k
Pessoal,

Complementando,

assim-nao-da-em-ingles-t3206.html

Bons estudos!
Thanks for clarifying that for me

it's helped me a lot :DD