You're looking specially fetching this morning - Tradução em português

What does mean: "you're looking specially fetching this morning" is it offensive?

I saw on Spiderman comic one man saying this sentence to a woman and her face looks angry, she replies with a question: "fetching?"
So.. Is it offensive or indelicate?.. Or maybe this is just based on the context of what i'm reading..

Anúncio Descubra seu nível de inglês em 15 minutos! - Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu inglês.

Começar agora!
2 respostas
Bryan Philpott 2 18 111
Fetching = attractive or pleasing. It may be indelicate in this context, though it's not considered offensive in general.
PPAULO 6 47 1.1k
I would say it´s something almost equivalent to "pegável". So, again, offensive to some and in some contexts. In some neighbourhoods in Rio a girl could state "eu sou cachorra mesmo", that could be good and that could be undesirable, the same would happen with fetchy.
"Novinha" for instance, would be a bit of a worrying thing in most contexts, but even it could be taken lightly; say, one trying to seem slangy and saying that to a girlfriend in jest.
Moral: one has to exercise caution with slang. When in Rome do as Romans do. When not, don´t do it.
Ainda precisa de ajuda? Confira algumas opções:
  1. Clique no botão "Responder" (abaixo) e faça sua pergunta sobre este assunto;
  2. Faça uma nova pergunta;
  3. Converse grátis com um professor nativo por 15 minutos: Saiba como!