What's your favorite sport?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
carpe diem
I like to play soccer, surf and table tennis.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
I love marcial arts, voleyball and swimming!
When I go to the beach, swim, swim, swim...It's good!
Now, with my friends and parents, we play voleyball. I always have fun!
Marcial arts? Kung-fu is my predilet. I hope you reach the black belt. Allthough being newcomer yet.
We're love sports!
I'm crazy about soccer (footbal BrE). But, nowadays I'm practicing only a lift's fork. I know I'm a couch potato or a mouse potato. But I want to change this.
How all the brazillians , I like soccer , in special when my team are playing ; S.P.F.C ! rsr
renatinha31 escreveu:How all the brazillians , I like soccer , in special when my team are playing ; S.P.F.C ! rsr

Renatinha,

May I suggest the following rewrite of your sentence

"Like all Brazillians, my favorite sport is soccer, especially when my team, S.P.F.C., is playing."

I hope this makes sense and helps you.
I am a huge fan of American College Football, and it is my favorite sport, with the University of Nebraska being my favorite team.

Just two short weeks ago I did not care much, one way or the other, about soccer, but my wife almost forced me to watch some of the World Cup matches most notably Brazil and USA. I do have to admit that I am developing a taste for the sport, and can now see why it is so popular worldwide. I will even try to attend a match while in Brasil in January. I Just hope that the "Gods of American Football" will forgive me. :lol: ;)

Now, who do I cheer for Santos, Corinthians or Sao Paulo or ... ? :?
Hey Bill...My suggestion: Corinthians!!! ^^ The most awesome team on the planet !! I love it!!! ^^
Ravenna,

Thank you for your suggestion, but herein lies my problem.

I have two (step) sons who live and work in Sao Paulo, and my wife who lives with me in Pensacola. Ricardo is a Corinthian fanatic, Rodrigo is a Sao Paulo fan, and Cristina is a Sao Paulo fanatic, and my mother in law, in Jundiai, is a Corinthian fan. However I, like most Americans, cheer for the little guy, in this case possibly Santos, and why not make the whole family mad at me as opposed to just one half. ;) :lol:

I am going to have devote a large amount of time to study this conunrum very carefully. :? :lol:
Bill....

You're in trouble! :D
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
w.slayman escreveu: However I, like most Americans, cheer for the little guy, in this case possibly Santos, and why not make the whole family mad at me as opposed to just one half. :

Bill, what do you mean? Cheer for the little guy? :geek: