What's your favorite sport?

carpe diem
I like to play soccer, surf and table tennis.
Anúncio Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu nível de inglês. Perder o medo de se comunicar é o primeiro passo para a fluência. Cadastre-se na Cambly e experimente o método sem compromisso.

Iniciar Conversação
I love marcial arts, voleyball and swimming!
When I go to the beach, swim, swim, swim...It's good!
Now, with my friends and parents, we play voleyball. I always have fun!
Marcial arts? Kung-fu is my predilet. I hope you reach the black belt. Allthough being newcomer yet.
We're love sports!
I'm crazy about soccer (footbal BrE). But, nowadays I'm practicing only a lift's fork. I know I'm a couch potato or a mouse potato. But I want to change this.
How all the brazillians , I like soccer , in special when my team are playing ; S.P.F.C ! rsr
renatinha31 escreveu:How all the brazillians , I like soccer , in special when my team are playing ; S.P.F.C ! rsr
Renatinha,

May I suggest the following rewrite of your sentence

"Like all Brazillians, my favorite sport is soccer, especially when my team, S.P.F.C., is playing."

I hope this makes sense and helps you.
I am a huge fan of American College Football, and it is my favorite sport, with the University of Nebraska being my favorite team.

Just two short weeks ago I did not care much, one way or the other, about soccer, but my wife almost forced me to watch some of the World Cup matches most notably Brazil and USA. I do have to admit that I am developing a taste for the sport, and can now see why it is so popular worldwide. I will even try to attend a match while in Brasil in January. I Just hope that the "Gods of American Football" will forgive me. :lol: ;)

Now, who do I cheer for Santos, Corinthians or Sao Paulo or ... ? :?
Anúncio Descubra seu nível de inglês em 15 minutos! - Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu inglês.

Começar agora!
Ravenna 3
Hey Bill...My suggestion: Corinthians!!! ^^ The most awesome team on the planet !! I love it!!! ^^
Ravenna,

Thank you for your suggestion, but herein lies my problem.

I have two (step) sons who live and work in Sao Paulo, and my wife who lives with me in Pensacola. Ricardo is a Corinthian fanatic, Rodrigo is a Sao Paulo fan, and Cristina is a Sao Paulo fanatic, and my mother in law, in Jundiai, is a Corinthian fan. However I, like most Americans, cheer for the little guy, in this case possibly Santos, and why not make the whole family mad at me as opposed to just one half. ;) :lol:

I am going to have devote a large amount of time to study this conunrum very carefully. :? :lol:
Ravenna 3
Bill....

You're in trouble! :D
Ravenna 3
w.slayman escreveu: However I, like most Americans, cheer for the little guy, in this case possibly Santos, and why not make the whole family mad at me as opposed to just one half. :
Bill, what do you mean? Cheer for the little guy? :geek:
Ravenna

From what I have been told, Corinthians, and Sao Paulo have lots of FANATICS and fans, and Santos does not have that many, so by fan count they are the little guy, or the underdog, or not the favorites all synonyms. ;)
Anúncio Descubra seu nível de inglês em 15 minutos! - Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu inglês.

Começar agora!
Ravenna 3
LOL. I got it Bill... But do you know that Santos is one of the biggest rivals of both Corinthians and São Paulo F.C.? ;)
Hope I wrote this phrase properly. ^^
Flavia.lm 1 10 95
Bill and Ravenna,
Please note the conversation about teams is becoming off-topic.
My favorite sport is tennis. I like to play it. But I also like other sports, as volleyball and chess.
I don't have a favorite sport, because I don't like practicing.
isabelladevonne escreveu:I don't have a favorite sport, because I don't like practicing.

Isabella,

A complete complex sentence answering the question, concisely and clearly.

Very Good.

Começar agora!
Well, football is my favorite sport, not only it's the most popular one in Brazil, but because it's the one that someone without money or social status can practice it easily. But there're some sports that don't are popular here, so we have beeing a country of two or three sports, what is different if compared with the U.S.A. and China, where the government has social politics to spread the practice of many sports to its people. To you confirm my ideas, look at to the Brazil performance in the championships throughout the world. Our country is very good at football and voleyball, however, in the rest we are just numbers.

I have ever seen the football stopping wars and social conflicts, and to me, it's enough to make it a little more important than others about closing peoples.
Well, like some other brazilians I like to play soccer. But I luuuv extreme sports specially kitesurf :D
and I can't forget handball which I used to practice in my school :)
My favorite sport is to ride a bicycle.
My favorite sport is coccer.
felipeh6 7 56
In the Bristish way I like football and in the American way I like soccer.

But I really prefer the Brazilian way: futebol :!:

Começar agora!
I love karate, but I stopped when I was in the orange belt.
I like a lot Volleyball, Handball and Dodgeball, sports that make me use only the hands, not only, but especially the hands. I hate soccer, no, I don't hate, I just don't like it, I think it's very violent, and a lot of players gets hurt, that's why I don't play it, the players get sweaty, stinking, they break bones, it's very bad, but I like watching World Cup, verifying if my country wins, these things, but I like sports, although it's not my fort.
Football is my sport favorite ... and too like of basketball
leandrocs1310 escreveu:I like a lot Volleyball, Handball and Dodgeball, sports that make me use only the hands, not only, but especially the hands. I hate soccer, no, I don't hate, I just don't like it, I think it's very violent, and a lot of players gets hurt, that's why I don't play it, the players get sweaty, stinking, they break bones, it's very bad, but I like watching World Cup, verifying if my country wins, these things, but I like sports, although it's not my fort.
Leandrocs,

I would like to suggest some changes as indicated in the following, and have you tell me why I made them or ask me why for the ones you do not understand.

I like volleyball, handball and dodgeball a lot, all are sports in which you mostly use the hands. ' I hate soccer, no, I don't hate it, but I think it's very violent, and a lot of players get hurt, sweaty, stinking and sometimes they break bones. But I like watching the world cup to see if my country wins, in general, I like sports although they are not my forte.
ueslei escreveu:Football is my sport favorite ... and too like of basketball
Ueslei,

If I may, I would like to suggest a couple of changes as indicated below, after reading my rewrite I would appreciate you telling me why I made the changes.

Football is my favorite sport, but I also like basketball a lot.

Thank you for allowing me to try and assist you in learning English.

Começar agora!
My favorite sport is Artistic Gymnastics. I loved to do that. My brother, who at that time was 4 years old, was better than me. It's too bad I don't do gymnastics anymore. :cry: "Saudade".
My favorite sports are soccer and volleyball. I don´t like basketball, but i am good. Among soccer and volleyball I prefer soccer, because is a sport that the result is unknow. A move can change all result of game.
Shevchenko escreveu:My favorite sports are soccer and volleyball. I don´t like basketball, but i am good. Among soccer and volleyball I prefer soccer, because is a sport that the result is unknow. A move can change all result of game.
Shevchenko,

If I may, I would like to suggest a few changes for your consideration, as indicated in the following rewrite.

"My favorite sports are soccer and volleyball, and even though I am good at basketball I do not like it. Between soccer and volleyball I prefer soccer because it is a sport where one move can change the outcome, and the final results are unpredictable."

This is more in line with what an American might say or write. If I can help you in your studies of English please let me know.
If I may, I would like to suggest a few changes for your consideration, as indicated in the following rewrite.

"My favorite sports are soccer and volleyball, and even though I am good at basketball I do not like it. Between soccer and volleyball I prefer soccer because it is a sport where one move can change the outcome, and the final results are unpredictable."

This is more in line with what an American might say or write. If I can help you in your studies of English please let me know.
Hi, w.slayman!

Thanks for your help. I would be happy if you could help me, if you can give me suggestions on how to study. This way you put it was much better.
Ainda precisa de ajuda? Confira algumas opções:
  1. Clique no botão "Responder" (abaixo) e faça sua pergunta sobre este assunto;
  2. Faça uma nova pergunta;
  3. Converse grátis com um professor nativo por 15 minutos: Saiba como!