Why were you named your name?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
I was named Amanda, bacause all of my brother's name start with letter A, so my parents choose this name to me, I'm the youngest :D
My name is Monica because my dad wanted to. His ex girlfriend had this name, but it is not my mum's name.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Hi everyone!

My name is Aline. By the time I was born, one of my mom's favorite song was one french song called Aline. She choose my name because of this song.

That's it,
See ya!
My name is Elen, Because my father saw this name in a movie and he liked it very much
Hi! Folks! Well i was named Flavio, despite of my grandmother used to watch that program Flavio Cavalcante in the old times, maybe there are generations here, that they don't know this program, but i know that there are other generations here who they have and had heard about Flavio Cavalcante's program, which it used to be played on the 70's and 80's, today he is died, he died a very long time ago, i don't know to precise the year of his death, then when she knew that i was on the way to be born, as a gift, my parents gave this name to me, in consideration and respect to my grandmother's asking for.
My name is samuel becouse my parents put the names of all in my family bible names, i have brothers with the names Josué, nehemias, josé, jeremias, elias, elizeu, eliézer
I was named after my great-grandfather, whose name was "Carlos" too.
It was my dad's idea, and my mom agreed with him.
I was named João Víctor after a soap opera character played by Tony Ramos. The original João Victor had a twin brother called Joaquim, so older people here will probably remember "João Víctor e Quinzinho".
Go figure.
So, my name's Rodrigo and I don't have idea why my parents choose that. I like my name, but everywhere I go has another Rodrigo. In my college room had 5, that's right FIVE. Buy the way, some these Rodrigos say, at the time were born (80's) there was a Rodrigo on TV novels.

see you all.

PS. I've named my son of Matheus, and there is so many kids with this name everywhere he goes! I think my family does'nt know to choose names.... :)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Well, my fellows, my name is Rafael because of some interesting facts about my conception...
During the conception period my mother had a bad message from the doctor, who said that I would born sick, with mental illness and that statement made her suffer a lot. Due to her faith in God, she dreamed that she was seeing a paper where was written the name Rafael, in red words, and underlined.

Then arrived the time of my birth and I came healthy. After this happening, she looked for the meaning of the name Rafael and, for her own surprise, it means "healed for God". She thought that God healed me in her venter, thus, nothing more fair than name me that name.

There were plenty of niceties to tell, however, I made an huge effort in order to explain why I am named Rafael.

See you, folks!