Como dizer "apelo sexual" em inglês

Hey buddies. I'm in doubt. To say that something had/has "apêlo sexual" would be sexual meaning or is there another possibility to say that?
Because "sex appeal" that I know is a feature attributed to a person (right?).

Thanks
Editado pela última vez por Donay Mendonça em 22 Dez 2015, 19:20.
Razão: ^

Anúncio Você tem medo de falar inglês? - Se você já estudou inglês mas ainda se sente inseguro(a) saiba que o primeiro passo é se expor ao idioma. Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor de inglês nativo, você vai se surpreender o quanto isso pode fazer a diferença.

Começar agora!
3 respostas
Daniel Reis 1 17
Olá,

Vejo muito ''sexual overtones''.

Ex: I see no sexual overtones in her statement (words).

Valeus
jorgeluiz 1 6 91
Conotação = o significado da palavra no contexto.
Denotação; o significado da palavra isolada, no dicionário.

I see no sexual connotation in what he said.= não vejo qualquer conotação/apelo sexual no que ele disse.

she has a great sex-appeal= ela é sexualmente muio atrativa.

sexual attraction (redirected from Sex-appeal)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun 1. sexual attraction - attractiveness on the basis of sexual desire
attractiveness, attraction - the quality of arousing interest; being attractive or something that attracts; "her personality held a strange attraction for him"

cheers!
PPAULO 6 47 1.1k
Not necessarily so, Luigi. Sex Appeal can be said of both, people or things.

Pick advertisement for example, in the title "Impact of Sex Appeals In TV Advertisement." it means the erotic appeal in TV Advertisement, or if wish - impact of the linking of visual associations (mostly) with iconic and sensual messages.
Many times they may have plain sexual overtones/innuendos, but sometimes such advertisement may come in emblematic ways, that is, by resorting to creating meaning where it doesn´t exist. The so-called "sex sells" where anything would be sold with the help of sexuality tropes, stereotypes, erotically codified into sensual messages. It goes from from selling Vodka to cars, to bank services, utility trucks...etc It´s said that it is especially applied to products that can be bought in a whim (impulse buys - like entertainment, alcohol, beauty products, fashion clothes, etc...).
It´s not determined, although they have made some research, if or how much such eroticizing would change the consumer himself, for example, in an advertisement of Vodka, how much interest (if any) is drawn by the sensual message and how much is derived from the habit of drinking itself (or addiction/dipsomania, if you wish.)
Ainda precisa de ajuda? Confira algumas opções:
  1. Clique no botão "Responder" (abaixo) e faça sua pergunta sobre este assunto;
  2. Faça uma nova pergunta;
  3. Converse grátis com um professor nativo por 15 minutos: Saiba como!