Como dizer "brincos" em inglês

Boa noite,

Gostaria de saber se existe alguma palavra além de "earrings" para falarmos "brincos" em Inglês. "Earrings" seria algo usado para todos os tipos de brincos ou apenas para argolas?

Agradeço desde já,


ATIVE O ENGLISH PLUS POR R$ 8/MÊS Além de aprender sem anúncios, você terá acesso: aos Cursos do English Experts, a respostas verificadas por especialistas (ilimitado) e ao aplicativo Meu Vocabulário. ATIVAR AGORA
5 respostas
Thomas 7 60 290
EARRINGS podem ser qualquer tipo de brincos.
para ouvidos furados = earrings for pierced ears
para ouvidos nao furados = clip-on earrings
Flavia.lm 1 10 96
Thomas, eu não conhecia o termo "clip-on".

Chamamos os clip-on earrings de "brincos de pressão" em português.
Thomas 7 60 290
Flavia, pierced ears are not as common in the USA as in Brazil and other countries. "Clip-ons" are often seen. My sister has great-great-grandchildren, and only recently did she pierce her ears. YOU taught me the name for them in Portuguese! Thanks!

There are at least four major kinds of earrings for pierced ears. (1) If the earring is very small (let's say a pearl or a diamond), it is probably a "post". Each post earring consists of two parts. The "post" looks like a needle and goes through the ear, and there is another tiny part that fits over the end of the "post" to keep the earring from falling off. What is this kind of earring called in Brazil? (2) The typical earring is shaped like a safety-pin. It has a "lock" to keep the earring from falling off. (3) The third kind has no "lock". It depends on a long loop to keep the earring in place. I believe it's called a "French loop". What is this kind of earring called in Brazil? (4) The "hoop" or "cigano" is yet another kind. Some times it is attached to the ear much like a "post" and some times a tiny wire goes from one end of the hoop through the ear and into the hoop again.

The first thing I notice about a woman is her taste in earrings. Then I look to see if her husband or boyfriend is bigger than I. LOL
Flavia.lm 1 10 96
Wow, you're a real earring specialist! We have all this kinds of earring here in Brazil, but I call all of them "brincos", LOL
Maybe "brinco pequeno", "brinco grande", etc. A única variação é "argola".

Is the "lock" you mentioned the thing below?


I also found the name "earring back". The name in Portuguese is tarracha, and it is usually used in the diminutive form: tarrachinha. I guess there may be some variations around Brazil, the name tarrachinha is common here in SP.

brinco de tarraxa


brinco de argola


meia argola


brinco de gancho ou anzol