Como dizer "Característica" em inglês

anita 13
Hi, there! In fact, my doubt is the difference between "characteristic" and "feature". When to use which? I count on u! Thanks a lot!

TURBINE SEU VOCABULÁRIO! Aposente o caderninho de vocabulário, use a tecnologia como aliada nos estudos. Ao assinar o English Plus você poderá utilizar o Meu Vocabulário: um aplicativo desenvolvido pela equipe do English Experts para guiar você no aprendizado de novas palavras, phrasal verbs e expressões.
Meu Vocabulário Dashboard
QUERO CONHECER
2 respostas
Marcio_Farias 1 23 214
anita escreveu:[... my doubt is[...]
You no doubt have a question, not a doubt.

Anyway, here goes something on the feature vs. characteristic difference.

1. Feature, characteristic, peculiarity refer to a distinctive trait of an individual or of a class.

Feature suggests an outstanding or marked property that attracts attention: Complete harmony was a feature of the convention.

Characteristic means a distinguishing mark or quality (or one of such) always associated in one's mind with a particular person or thing: Defiance is one of his characteristics.

Peculiarity means that distinct or unusual characteristic that marks off an individual in the class to which he, she, or it belongs: A blue-black tongue is a peculiarity of the chow chow.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/feature
anita 13
Marcio, thanks for all your help!