Como dizer "cor gritante" e "se destaca (cor)" em inglês

Oi, pessoal!

Alguma ideia sobre qual seria a melhor forma de se dizer "cor gritante" e que alguma cor "se destaca" entre determinadas cores, por exemplo?

Contexto:

"O amarelo pode ser considerado uma cor um tanto quanto gritante"
"O verde se destaca por si só, considerando que todas as outras cores são fracas"

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39175 6 32 684
"O amarelo pode ser considerado uma cor um tanto quanto gritante"
Most of the time the yellow collor (may be deemed) is a garish collor.

"O verde se destaca por si só, considerando que todas as outras cores são fracas"
The green stands out by itself, since all the the other collor around it (at a given example) are drab/pale/dull.

And many other ways... I tried to stay on the current sentences/examples in Portuguese, but in other contexts it could be said that a given collor is "gaudier than..." or "more garish than..." or that a collor is a "statement/stands out.../it makes a strong contrast" etc. With collor they use a lot of creativity indeed!

Speaking of "amarelo gritante":
That is a house/car, etc with a "screaming yellow" paint job/screaming yellow collor/screaming yellow paintwork. (perhaps in a fistfight with the collors around there...)

And to mean "amarelo cheguei":
He was wearing a showy blue shirt".
I was going to feel silly going outside my showy yellow shirt.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Very good tips, PPAULO! Thanks a lot!!

By the way, who made the art that is right above the topic? That looks cool!

;)
Muitíssimo, bem explicado, 'by the way'! Acabei de conhecer este site e achei-o bastante interessante. Irá ajudar muito em trabalhos de tradução! Obrigada!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39175 6 32 684
Glad that you like it! It´s a rewarding thing to help out others and have fun in the process, such is the feeling here! If my memory serves me well Artful Dodger (or would be Big Spire?) is one of the Web designers, along with Alessandro.
Then, Flavia is one participants of the EE that runs the show with the Mod department. But then, I am becoming a bit forgetful these days..., anyway what I can say is that the work as a whole has been satisfactory (or amazing if you wish).
I also have improved my English skills and am happy to share some of my little knowledge. Welcome aboard guys!