Como dizer "Ir para cama" em inglês

murilo91 295 1 9
Além de dizer " go to bed", tbm podemos usar uma expressão pra isso:

Hit the hay!

I'm going to hit the hay!

take care peeps!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Iniciar o Teste Online!
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data

Aline 60 1
Hi there
Complementando:

Go to bed - Ir para a cama
Get out of bed - Sair da cama

Hope I've helped
See ya

Thomas 14700 7 59 287
to hit the sack
to bunk out (can also mean simply "to sleep")

"Think I will hit the sack now. Where can I bunk out?"
"You can bunk out upstairs and to your left. I'm going to take a shower and bunk out too."

Both expressions are used primarily by men.

Gabi 800 1 1 15
Thomas escreveu:Both expressions are used primarily by men.
Why? Would it there any reason for that?

Thomas 14700 7 59 287
Gabi, you ask a good question. Here is my guess.

A "bunk" is a small bed, the type found in military barracks, on ships, etc. (Let me explain that a bunk can be just one bed. If there are two bunks, one is probably on top of the other like "beliches". Often, but not always. "Bunkbeds" mean that: one above the other. "Bunk", however, could mean one bed or a set of two.) I think the word is more used by men because bunks are more common in a man's world. In cowboy movies, for example, you will hear them talk about "the bunkhouse". That merely means "dormitory", the place where the cowboys slept while at the main part of the ranch.

In the old days, a "sack" filled with straw was often used as a mattress. Note how similar this concept is to "to hit the hay".

If a woman told me she was going to bunk out or hit the sack, it would merely sound very informal to my ears. I'm not saying that the words are not "ladylike", but they are simply more commonly heard among men than women. They are slang, not formal words.

Larissa Lobo
E "I'm off to bed" ?

MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você já ouviu dizer que para dominar o inglês é preciso pensar em inglês? Aprenda alguns métodos no guia Como Pensar em inglês da English Live. Ele tem dicas que ajudarão você a melhorar o vocabulário e leitura.

Download do Guia em PDF - Grátis!