Como dizer "Prestar socorro" em inglês

Daniel Reis 1 17
Olá pessoal,

Vejam o exemplo:

Não havia muito tempo para a vitima, eu mesmo tive que prestar socorro, felizmente tudo deu certo.

Valeus

Anúncio Descubra seu nível de inglês em 15 minutos! - Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu inglês.

Começar agora!
6 respostas
There was not much time for the victim, I even had to provide relief fortunately it worked out.
edrob518 6 71
My suggestion:

Provide relief = prestar socorro

Ex: The victim didn't have too much time, so I had to provide relief myself, fortunally everything worked out well.
PPAULO 6 47 1.1k
It was an urgent situation, in wich the victim chances of survival were decreasing (high loss of blood, for example), so I provided the firt aid care.

To prevent the situation of victim of worsening/deteriorating more, I provided the emergency first aid/the basic emergency treatment (at the spot).

Notice: In the above cases, "I" am trained first aid, at least at the EMT basic level. Other than that, no way! call the emergency services, police, emergency services, etc.
Cinnamon 15 61 498
Sugestão, use simply "aid or aiding" both verb and noun:

Aid :roll:

Help or support:
He gets about with the aid of a walking stick.
She went to the aid of a man trapped in his car.

Food, money, medical supplies, or weapons that is given by a richer country to a poorer country:
The Vatican has agreed to donate $80,000 in humanitarian/emergency aid to countries affected by the war.
About a fifth of the country's income is in the form of foreign/overseas aid.
in aid of sb/sth C1 UK
› in order to collect money for a group of people who need it:
a concert in aid of famine relief

Cambridge Dictionary

:geek:
Daniel Reis 1 17
Valeu pelas respostas pessoal,

Eu poderia dizer: I myself had to provide HIM relief ou I myself had to provide relief for the victim

estão certas ?

Valeus
Anúncio Descubra seu nível de inglês em 15 minutos! - Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu inglês.

Começar agora!
PPAULO 6 47 1.1k
Not really. Relief wouldn´t normally said when talking about a single person or a little group (example people in a car accident). Relief would be "socorro" in a wider sense, that of "assistência/esforços emergenciais" etc, in cases of catastrophes, disaster relief, to people affected by wars, conflicts etc, within the country or abroad.
Ainda precisa de ajuda? Confira algumas opções:
  1. Clique no botão "Responder" (abaixo) e faça sua pergunta sobre este assunto;
  2. Faça uma nova pergunta;
  3. Converse grátis com um professor nativo por 15 minutos: Saiba como!