Good evening, my friend.
You should read this article:https://duvidas.dicio.com.br/raspar-ou-rapar/
Rapou o banheiro = fazer uma limpa no banheiro; roubar os utensílios do banheiro.
Limpar o banheiro = higienizar o sanitário; o toilet.
I recommend you read this:https://www.englishexperts.com.br/forum/como-dizer-passar-o-rodo-em-ingles-t22862.htmlPassar o rodo
- Literal meaning
: to pass the (floor) squeegee or squilge / to squeegee / to clean somewhere with a squeegee.
/ to sweep the water off
/ to remove the water
These verbs already represent the idea of using a squeegee to push the water on the floor into the drain.
EXAMPLE: Ele passou o rodo
- He passed the squeegee
in the bathroom.
- He have passed the squeegee
in the toilet.
- He (have) cleaned
the restroom with a (floor) squeegee.
- He (have) squeegeed
- He (have) swept the water off
We also have an idiom:
- Sweeping water
= trying to do something frustrating nearly impossible, as in trying to sweep water.
EXAMPLE: Eu estou frustrado
com esse projeto social.
I am sweeping water
with this social project.
(1) Pearson Education. Longman Dictionary. 2004.
(2) Cambridge Online Dictionary.
(3) Collins Online Dictionary.
(4) Jurafsky, D. And J. Martin. 2008. Speech and language processing: An introduction to natural language processing, computational linguistics, and speech recognition. Dorling Kindersley (India): Pearson Education, Inc.
(5) Leaney, C. 2005. In the know: Understanding and using idioms. New York: Cambridge University Press.