Correção de texto: Cats on the roof

Every single night I can listen them, and today, the activities has began earlier. They are about 5 or 6, and always spend all night long fighting, screaming and running. It is impossible to see them, they are fast and those bright eyes is the only visible trail. You just can hear them, even though you climb the roof up.
Sometimes I found some suspicious guys, them wounds expose: last night was in trouble. In general, the suspects have the same behavior: pass the day tired and have a lot of hurt; use to visit the garbage can; and steal meat when we are distracted.
They live among us, sometimes inside our homes, sometimes in the streets, walking in the alleys in the shadows. However, certainly at night , they will be upon your head.

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário Cinnamon 15265 14 41 345
Além do que o PPAULO escreveu eu sugiro:

"Every single night I can listen to them(1), and today, the activities have begun earlier. They are a group of about 5 or 6, and always spend all night long fighting, screaming and running. It is impossible to see them, they are fast and those bright eyes are the only visible trail. You just can hear them and their activity, even though you climb the roof up.
Sometimes I found some suspicious guys, their wounds exposed as if saying "last night there was trouble".
In general, the culprits* have the same behavior: they pass the day tired and have a lot of scars (mementos of war); visit the garbage cans; and steal meat when we are distracted.
They live among us, sometimes inside our homes, sometimes in the streets. Walking in the alleys and its shadows. However, certainly at night , they will be upon your head.

(1)
Maybe better use hear them... assim como foi usado o hear na sequência.

Cheers!

:ugeek:
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39175 6 32 684
Every single night I can listen them, and today, the activities have began earlier. They are a group of about 5 or 6, and always spend all night long fighting, screaming and running. It is impossible to see them, they are fast and those bright eyes is the only visible trail. You just can hear them and their activity, even though you climb the roof up.
Sometimes I found some suspicious guys, their wounds exposed as if saying "last night there was trouble".
In general, the culprits* have the same behavior: they pass the day tired and have a lot of scars (mementos of war); visit the garbage cans; and steal meat when we are distracted.
They live among us, sometimes inside our homes, sometimes in the streets. Walking in the alleys and its shadows. However, certainly at night , they will be upon your head.

I would say *culprit, because you are sure they do that. Whereas the wounded cat is another can of worms, it could be the result of a nasty encounter with a dog, etc, so it is on the suspect list.

Your creativity shows on the piece of text, it deserved minor corrections, but it was good, keep up the good work.
I suppose you took fright after the first posting? Since you hasn´t come since May, perhaps you were busy as a bee since then. ;)
Welcome back to the EE.
Yep, "have began" because the activity started and it´s still taking place.
Don´t know what got me yesterday, I had read that but in my head, somehow, the activity had finished.

Today I saw the ''today" :lol: pun intended!
Thank you so much Cinamon, that´s why two heads are better than one! You deserve a million of votes. Alas! I´ve run out of votes right now! ;)
Avatar do usuário Juliana Rios 18840 21 98 389
Addendum:
You just can hear them and their activity, even though you climb the roof up.

You can climb onto or up on the roof (subir no telhado) or climb up the roof (escalar o telhado), provided it is at a slope. I'm afraid "climb the roof up" is not standard use.
Agreed, that´s right.
And wow, how nice to have you around again? I thought you have had hit the jackpot, Juliana!
Welcome back to the EE!

Sharabati family children climb up the roof in order to reach their home. Photo: Musa Abu Hashhash, B'Tselem
http://www.btselem.org/testimonies/2005 ... el_rumeida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyiK4sn-OUQ
The Rake Creature Climbing On My Roof

https://www.englishforums.com/English/C ... m/post.htm

Climbing up on is the more usual.

"climb up" can be said in some circumstances, it is a different case, though.
They somehow managed to climb up the roof of a nearby toilet and climbed up a haystack. As they stood on the top of the haystack, they could hold on to a branch of a tree.
http://www.nepalmountainnews.com/cms/20 ... ved-flood/

http://www.abc.net.au/rampup/articles/2 ... 113130.htm
I have also imagined what would've have happend if the floods in QLD had happened here, no way for my family members to climb up the roof.

climb on -to me, denotes one´s is on (top of the roof), the focus not how sth./sb got there, but that he/it got there.
climb on to - have a ring, to me, that it is from one place to another, from another roof or a wall to that roof. Indicating movement from place A to place B.
climb up - meaning just "subir" not specifying much.
climb up to/on to- same way as "climb on to".

Climb the roof up, it´s a no no, indeed. Thanks for pointing that out, Juliana.