Correção de texto "Staring at my reflexion"

Staring at my reflexion

I had never worried about my weight. However, after I bought a car I started to get weight very high. In order to stop it, I started to learn about eat habits and I started to practice more sports. Nowadays, staring at my reflexion on the mirror, I can see that I'm slim again.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39165 6 32 684
Is it to be proofread? You never let us know...
At least one thing caught my eye:
I started to learn about eating habits...
Avatar do usuário Telma Regina 22725 9 58 570
Sugestões:

I never worried about my weight before. However, after buying a car I started putting on a lot of weight. In order to stop, I learned about healthy eating / dietary habits and I started practicing sports. Nowadays, staring at my reflection in the mirror, I can see that I'm slim again.
Avatar do usuário Rakell Grubert Pere 3385 3 6 65
E assim: I had never been worried about my weight. However, after buying a car I put on a lot of weight and in order to stop the gain, I had to change my lifestyle,I learnt about healthy eating and started practicing sports. Nowadays, staring at my reflexion in the mirror, I can see that I'm slim again.

O que vocês experts e editores acham??? Eu ainda me sinto insegura na hora de organizar as frases e colocar nos tempos verbais corretos.
I had never been worried about my weight. However, after buying a car I put on a lot of weight and in order to stop the gain, I had to change my lifestyle,I learnt about healthy eating and started practicing sports. Nowadays, staring at my reflexion in the mirror, I can see that I'm slim again.

O que vocês experts e editores acham??? Eu ainda me sinto insegura na hora de organizar as frases e colocar nos tempos verbais corretos.

However, after buying a car I put on a lot of weight and in order to stop the gain, I had to change my lifestyle
However, after buying a car I have been putting on/I started putting on
[the AFTER invites an ING verb in the sentence, hence the "putting on" ]

**In fact, "putting on weight and gaining weight would be the same, I would not make a repeat of the same notion, rather
I would replace that chunk by ''it". Or else, would do as Telma did, end the sentence by using STOP (with or without IT.)

"Put on" would speak of present, at least in my thinking.

Well, just my thinking here. Wet´s wait more comments on the matter.
Avatar do usuário Rakell Grubert Pere 3385 3 6 65
PPAULO escreveu: "Put on" would speak of present, at least in my thinking.

Put on can be used for both, Present and Past .
To put is an irregular verb( put- put - put)
Oh, yes, you are quite right.
Put on can be found in a past sense as well, as in "As I recall, I put on weight after the birth of each of my children as I found I had to drink for two. " [from Telegraph.]

I owe you one! LOL.
PPAULO escreveu:Is it to be proofread? You never let us know...
At least one thing caught my eye:
I started to learn about eating habits...

Sorry if it haven't been clear. But I have written these english paragraphs expecting they will be corrected.
Thus, I can see my mistakes and learn better ways to write (and say) the same things in english.
It's just to training wnglish writting.

By the way, what "proofread" means? :(

Thanks for help me!!! :-)
Telma Regina escreveu:Sugestões:

I never worried about my weight before. However, after buying a car I started putting on a lot of weight. In order to stop, I learned about healthy eating / dietary habits and I started practicing sports. Nowadays, staring at my reflection in the mirror, I can see that I'm slim again.

Thanks Telma Regina! :-)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!