Hora certa para utilizar o "good moning" e o "afternoom"

ate que horas deve ser utilizado o good moning?
ate que horas dever sr utilizando o good afternoom?
quando pode ser colocado o good night?

EBOOK VERBO GET Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu email. INICIAR TESTE
7 respostas
Donay Mendonça 22 106 1.6k
Claudiacacau,

Good morning: Até 11:59 a.m
Good afternoon: Até 17:59

Good night: boa noite ao se despedir, é claro, durante toda a noite.
Good evening: boa noite ao ver/encontrar/falar com alguém, é claro, durante toda a noite.

Bons estudos!
Henry Cunha 3 18 183
Donay, in another two months it will be pitch dark in Toronto by 17:59... It will sound macabre to say "Good afternoon" by then...
Henry,

Legal está diferença de comportamento da natureza. Já ouvi falar que em alguns países o sol brilha até 8 da noite.

Valeu!
Henry Cunha 3 18 183
Donay, in midsummer Toronto sunrise is at about 4:30 a.m. and sunset at about 9:30 p.m., and the period of transition from full darkness to full daylight (or vice versa) takes maybe an hour. As you approach the equator, the transition is faster, of course. (And as you go even farther north, you end up with months of daylight, and months of darkness, of course.) So we must vary our greetings accordingly. I suggest going by the amount of available light. What do you think?

And I have to say, it`s a photographer`s paradise to have that slow evolution from dark to light, so I have foolishly frozen and defrosted myself with a camera at various times of the year, trying to capture those "atmospherics" just right.

All the best
Henry,
I suggest going by the amount of available light. What do you think?
Perfect suggestion!

Thank you for the information,
dlr
the morning ends when McDonald's stops serving breakfast!!!

just kidding, I'd say Henry's suggestion works great, except that it can be dark in the morning too. I would say that there is no definitive time when morning ends and afternoon begins, but roughly from 12 am to 12 pm = morning, 12 pm to 5 pm = afternoon, 5 pm to 12 am = night/evening.

It is not uncommon to hear "have a nice night" as a farewell at 5 pm even when it's still bright outside. And it's also not uncommon to hear "good afternoon" at 11:30.
Henry Cunha 3 18 183
Maybe just listen to the blackbird sing, and whatever you say, say it joyfully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0TInLO ... re=related