How do you improve your English skills?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3845 1 9 85
Question: How do you improve your English skills?

Examples of answers:
- I attend classes at XXX School,
- I watch films in English,
- I always listen to podcasts,
- I practice conversation with a friend,
- I participate in the EE forum.

Now it's your turn!

Related topic: why-when-and-how-did-you-start-studying-english-t8669.html
I'm first!

I've been trying to improve my English through different modes of learning, I attend classes at YouMove English School, I've watched several series lately, like " Supernatural, Lost... " Always I can I'm listening to podcast " Flatmates " and I pratice my writing and reading with my friend on the internet and every day all day long I'm here at forúm EE.

I'm not improve my speaking yet, I'm very shy... that's so hard for me to do it, sometimes I talk to myself... I'm getting crazy!

Cheers! In special to Flávia.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
I've trying improve my English skills through these things:

- I attend classes at SENAC School;
- I watch films series in English at least three times a week;
- I always listen to podcasts - One of I really enjoy listening is Spark from CBC (it's Canadian);
- I practice conversation with a friend on the internet by email and msn,
- I participate in the EE forum and EE Chat.
- I surf on the net looking for good videos and tips to improve my English as well.

By the way, Flavia you had a great idea in ask to everyone about our habilities on this beautiful language.
I'd forgotten other thing I do to improve my English is collect phrases and expressions in a notebook. Doing this, I can improve my writing, vocabulary and speaking, because I use them to read aloud. I collect them in movies, series, English Experts blog and others great blogs.

If you wanna know more about this kind of study, I can ask me:
( first post in this let's go.)

I improve my english:

-Watching movies and series like Friends, The Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural, blablabla, always in english but with subtitles (cause I'm still learning some vocabulary)
-Listening to music and singing with the lyrics that I take on the net... and also trying to translate it 'cause I like to know what I'm singing.
-Participating of many internationals websites, like DeviantArt, it's an art website and there we meet a lot of people around the whole world, so I improved my english a lot talking with people who commented my pictures and stuff.
-Talking in english with some friends.
-Being an english teacher... well my english skills aren't perfect, I mean... I'm not so good in english, I got a lot of dificults in vocabulary and speaking fluently ahhh and also in prepositions as you can see... but I'm very good with grammar and I teach the first module of an english school here in SP. students love the way I teach because I'm patient and dynamic and I think i was born with that feeling of being a teacher, and I'm just 19 years old, but I teach people like 50 years old and they're learning well. =P

That's it. I love this forum, I've been coming here for a few months but this is the first time I decided to post something. Congratz to the staff team! This forum helps a lot! ;)

I improve my english:

- Attend classes at Centro de Línguas Antonio Houaiss ("Argos" - Jundiaí);
- Watching movies in English with subtitles in English too;
- Listening musics and studying the vocabulary;
- Reading little books, articles...;
- Writing answers here in the E.E. forum.

I use to talk alone because I dont´n have anyone to practice with me , I ´ve been studying only in my english classes , sometimes I watch films , listen music , answer tests on the internet for know how is my grammar , today it´s my first day in this blog and I intend practice more now !

- I have contact with the English language every day. I listen to podcasts and music, I access Web sites in English, I even play learning games in English (like crossword puzzles);
- I search some words/phrasal verbs in Google, then I look at the results to see how they are used;
- I watch videos in English;
- I read aloud lots of texts and dialogs to practice my speaking;
- Sometimes I watch movies without subtitles;
- And I access English learning websites like English Experts.

I have trying to be in touch with English language;

watching Tv, movies in English,
Reading aloud texts,
and now participating in the EE forum.
I like to hear podcast, this improve pronounce :) .
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
I really do all that stuff,

Attend classes at Instituto Internacional de Idiomas (III) - I bet you don't know this one.
watch movies in English, subtitles in English as well.
I also listen to musics in English.. actually, I don't listen to Brazilian musics (very much) :/
I'm so curious, I scan everywhere due to find interesting things about English :)
and..well.. I Talk to Myself!! haha thats insane i know