Italy to open borders vs Italy opens borders?

Estava lendo uma notícia em inglês e me deparei com a seguinte reportagem "Italy to open borders after 3 months of lockdown" minha dúvida é por que houve o "to" antes do verbo ao invés de ficar "Italy opens"
Existe alguma diferença no uso ou regra para usar um ou outro?

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
19 293
That's very common in headlines, it's working as "going to/will" but they always say "to" in headlines because it's more formal, using "going to/will" here would sound way too informal and weird, so much so that I don't think I've ever seen them being used in headlines, it's always "Trump to be re-elected" "Joe Something to run for office" etc. Keep in mind, though, that it's a form of language that is only used in headlines, don't go around replacing "going to/will" for "to" in any given context and situation. I know Paulo had already given a good explanation but I just wanted to emphasize that this structure is exclusive for headlines to refer to important events that are bound to happen in the future and not to be used in casual conversations.
POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
A Itália vai reabrir as fronteiras após 3 meses de confinamento.

Poderíamos pensar em termos de "A Itália está para (is to)...", em 'Journalese lingo', quando se faz anúncio de algo que é certo de acontecer em breve (ou pelo menos é o que se planeja).

Principalmente em manchetes, como foi o caso da Fox News. Depois na matérias eles explicam "Italy will reopen its borders next month after months of lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic, the government announced."

Another example is from the site Snack-media-com:
A battle between some of the biggest rugby legends in the game is to take place on the weekend of the 27th July.
That piece of news was featured on July, 10th 2018. So, something planned beforehand and then announced that day.

If they would make it a newspaper headline it could be "Battle between rugby legends takes place on 27th July".