To fold x To bend: Qual a diferença

Does a robot finger Fold or Bend?

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário PPAULO 38755 6 32 678
I would rather use "flex the fingers/moving the fingers/move the fingers to side/curl the fingers/extend the fingers" etc... If comparing with a human being.
Since "bending" and "fingers" in the same sentence suggests some kind of (unwanted) contracture, disease or problem.

Folded arms and folded hands are usually found in writings about body language. Bending the knees is also common with the talking about posture and exercises.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
Google found a couple of results indicating robot fingers "bend". In my not so entirely misconceived view, a human-like robot may move its hand fingers up and down.
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 38755 6 32 678
I agree, in technical essays and academical works or technical papers they use such description. So, if one says a robot finger bend it´s not far-fetched, to use the definition to the human finger is not usual, but no one will sue us if we do.
So, let´s say that a robot finger doesn´t fold, answering the initial question.