Back down - Tradução em português

"Back Down"

qual é o significado?

Tia

EBOOK VERBO GET Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu email. INICIAR TESTE
8 respostas
Thomas 7 60 290
What is the context?

He challenged Frank to a fight, but he later back downed. (to be too afraid to continue, not carry through with a threat)

I knocked on the door, heard the sound of an elephant coming from inside the apartment, and began to back down the steps. (...to go down steps backwards, without turning around)
Thomas 7 60 290
What was the context?

(1) He threatened to shoot me, but when he saw the police Jack backed down. (...was too afraid to carry out the threat)

(2) I knocked on the door, heard the sound of an elephant, and began to back down the steps. (...go down the steps backwards, without turning around.)
It's a pharase of a music..

Here is:

"Your tears don't fall they crash around me
Her conscience calls the guilty to come home
Your tears don't fall they crash around me

(Back Down!)

Her conscience calls the guilty to come home"
Donay Mendonça 22 107 1.6k
Damon,

Complementando,

Apesar da subjetividade do contexto,sugiro "Volte atrás","dê o braço a torcer".

Bons estudos!
Thanks ^^
Ravenna 3
Tears don't fall by Bullets for my Valentine!! ^^
Henry Cunha 3 18 183
Damon Salvatore escreveu:It's a pharase of a music..

Here is:

"Your tears don't fall they crash around me

(Back Down!)

Her conscience calls the guilty to come home"
These lyrics make almost no sense to me, and neither does the use of "Back down". If you can't quite understand what's going on here, don't be alarmed. All the best.
Thomas 7 60 290
Henry, I had the same reaction. I wonder if "Back Down!" is a an instruction of some kind to the musician. I'm referring to something along the lines of "Chorus" or "Bis". The fact that BOTH words begin with a capital letter suggests to me that the expression is not part of the lyrics. And speaking of lyrics, "Back Down!" does not appear on all websites that give the lyrics. It would be nice to solve this mystery.