Won't be long before we All walk off the wire - Tradução em português

Qual o significado dessa frase? Não estou conseguindo achar uma tradução pra palavra "WIRE" nesse trecho. Trata-se de uma música do Pearl Jam chamada Gonna see my friend. Segue a letra abaixo.

Do you want to hear something sick?
We are but victims of desire
I'm gonna shake this thing
I wanna shake this pain before I retire

I'm gonna see my friend, I'm gonna see my friend, make it go away
I'm sick of everything, I'm gonna see my friend, make it go away

Buona sera, won't be long before we
All walk off the wire

Well I'm gonna see my friend
I'm gonna see my friend
For what I require

Obrigado.

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Redseahorse 4 36 579
Eu arriscaria dizer que WIRE aqui representa algo QUE APRISIONA ALGUEM, como uma cerca mesmo "Wire Fence"; nesta esteira, uma possível versão (sugestão) em Português poderia ser: "Buona Sera, acho que logo todos nós estaremos livres"... **Não estou 100% seguro desta versão, outros tradutores mais experimentados deste time, poderão ter interpretações mais coesas!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
All the singer/composer Eddie Vedder has let slip about the song is that it was that it was about 'going to see the friend to stay off drugs", so the imagery (it seems to me) is of he being free again from the 'wire fences' of the prison facility (or even rehab [care] facility).

"Buona sera, won't be long before we All walk off the wire."
Que bom será, não demora muito antes que nós possamos sair da jaula...

It's a loose translation, by design (on purpose), in standard Portuguese it would be "não demorará", but I don't think many musicians would make forays on grammar minutes. :-)

Wire - has lots of imagery to it, like "barbed wire" (arame farpado), wire mesh (tela de arame, trançado), wire fence (alambrado), surrounded by wired fence (cercado por um alambrado...) etc. All could (directly or indirectly) bring back memories of days in a prison or rehab facility.
Bryan Philpott 2 22 127
Walk off the wire would be to go crazy or fall into a depression or a bad spot in life.

The song's about an addict that seems to be on the verge of taking drugs again. The "wire" is a metaphorical tightrope wire (corda bamba) that the addict is balancing on, trying to avoid falling off (i.e. Getting back into drugs, or something worse).
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Thank you Bryan, Sometimes our English knowledge can be limited and the analogy misleading. Thanks for sharing your valuable insights with us. ;-)