Como dizer "Arriscar / Correr riscos" em inglês

60555 21 100 1466
Olá pessoal,

Não existe apenas esta maneira de se dizer "arriscar", "correr riscos" em inglês, mas ela é bem comum. Vejam:

A) I think we'd better not take any chances. (Acho que é melhor a gente não correr riscos.)
B) She doesn't want to take any chances. (Ela não quer arriscar.)
C) Don't take any chances. (Não corra riscos.)

Obs: É claro, o termo "chance" pode também significar oportunidade/chance.

Best wishes!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Iniciar o Teste Online!
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data

Resposta aceita Resposta aceita
1605 4 12 29
Just another related expression, which seems quite similar to the Portuguese "correr o risco"

To run the risk (of doing something)

Examples:
  • If you publish those classified documents, you run the risk of pissing off the American government. Think about it.
  • When you speed, you run the risk of getting into an accident.
  • If you drink and drive, you run the risk of being pulled over by the cops.
After writing these examples, I noticed it seems like the expression is used a lot in conditional contexts "if / when". Hmm. Interesting.

Hope this helps a bit!

- Josh

4335 7 85
To take a gamble: Correr um risco

In that sense, what Rowling has done, however admirable her intentions, was less risky than it first appeared. She took a gamble when she wrote as Robert Galbraith, instead of under her own name, but she admits that the chances of keeping the secret were "incredibly remote". The Guardian

60555 21 100 1466
Outras opções:

A. Risk a lot: arriscar muito

- ''Big life decisions are like all-in moves at a poker table: you're risking a lot, maybe everything.'' [The examiner - USA]

B. Risk too much: arriscar demais

- ''We have risked and are risking too much." Some volunteers, he noted, were returning to Serbia complaining of poor treatment by the Vojvodina authorities.'' [Ohio.edu - USA]

C. Risk a little: arriscar um pouco

- "I had to risk a little more than usual. If I got defensive, I had no shot. She's one of the hardest hitters on the tour.'' [Espn.go.com]

D. Not risk much: não arriscar muito

- ''So readers don't risk much if they decide to pay up.'' [Baltimoresun.com - USA]

Bons estudos!