Como dizer "Boca do mato" em inglês

Luiz de Sá
Como dizer "boca do mato" em inglês?
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça uma Aula GRÁTIS de inglês com um professor de nativo e avalie se você é capaz de se comunicar com um estrangeiro. Consulte condições.

Começar agora!
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data

PPAULO 56735 6 43 1014
Point of entry to the woods.
In Brazil there´s a city with the name "Boca do Mato", places like Boca do Mato, Carne de Vaca, Combinado, Anta Gorda, Entrepelado, Passa e Fica, Dois Vizinhos, Sério, Paudalho, Ressaquinha, Não-me-toque. Cities names aren´t normally translated, including the mentioned above.
In the same vein, in the United States there is a city named Brazil, so we don´t translate it to Brasil. So, speaking to a friend of that city I could state that I live in Brazil but never went to Brazil.
There is also a county/town in the UK named Reading, we won´t translate it into 'leitura". :-)

Luiz de Sá
Thanks for the answer, PPaulo, but the "boca do mato" I'm talking about is not the name of a town, it's how the "caipiras" call a place where you find a sudden surge of heavy bushes, the very entrance, maybe, of a big rain forest. I'm trying to find a poetical way of translating this into English.

PPAULO 56735 6 43 1014
Point of entry into the woods (or woods entry point, or also "entrance to the woods" if you wish). But let´s wait for more comments, other members may know a more poetical expression or word for it.

Once the meadow has been traversed, then you enter the woods. The next photo shows the point of entry into the woods.
http://2small2bbig.blogspot.com/2013/02 ... dlife.html