Como dizer "Destino" em inglês

Gostaria de traduzir a seguinte frase:

" O destino das mulheres na internet! "

Como poderia ser esse " destino" nesse sentido ??

Alguma sugestão??

Brigadão gente!!

:D

TESTE DE NÍVEL Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
5 respostas
Donay Mendonça 22 107 1.6k
Olá Yuhoo,

Sugestões:

The destiny of women on the Internet.
The future of women on the Internet.

Boa sorte!
murilo91 1 9
Olá,

Fate tbm funciona,

uma musica do The Who, Behind Blue Eyes,
ele diz o seguinte:

"No one knows what's like, to be fated to telling only lies"
Ninguém sabe como é, ser destinado a dizer somente mentiras" ou seja, condenado a contar só mentiras.

His fate is now in the hands of the jury- seu destino agora está nas mão do Juri (cambridge dictionary)

é isso,
thanks

Murilo
I found a good article on the Internet about the slight difference between "fate" and "destiny": http://www.orderofthewhitelion.com/Karm ... stiny.html

As far as I understood, "destiny" is used to indicate something that will happen in the future while "fate" is used to indicate your karma.

For example:
"I've never twisted my ankle." (Karma)
"You will become the king of that kingdom, whether you want it or not." (Destiny)

Is that really it?

Thank you in advance! ;)
Obrigada!!

=)
maryziller 1 2
Tiago Tafari Catelam escreveu:I found a good article on the Internet about the slight difference between "fate" and "destiny": http://www.orderofthewhitelion.com/Karm ... stiny.html

As far as I understood, "destiny" is used to indicate something that will happen in the future while "fate" is used to indicate your karma.

For example:
"I've never twisted my ankle." (Karma)
"You will become the king of that kingdom, whether you want it or not." (Destiny)

Is that really it?

Thank you in advance! ;)
"Destiny versus fate

Although the words are used interchangeably in many cases, fate and destiny can be distinguished. Modern usage defines fate as a power or agency that predetermines and orders the course of events. Fate defines events as ordered or "inevitable". Fate is used in regard to the finality of events as they have worked themselves out; and that same sense of finality, projected into the future to become the inevitability of events as they will work themselves out, is Destiny. In classical and European mythology, there are three goddesses dispensing fate, the "Fates" known as Moirae in Greek mythology, as Parcae in Roman mythology, and Norns in Norse mythology; they determine the events of the world through the mystic spinning of threads that represent individual human destinies.

One word derivative of "fate" is "fatality", another "fatalism". Fate implies no choice, and ends fatally, with a death. Fate is an outcome determined by an outside agency acting upon a person or entity; but with destiny the entity is participating in achieving an outcome that is directly related to itself. Participation happens willfully.

Used in the past tense, "destiny" and "fate" are both more interchangeable, both imply "one's lot" or fortunes, and include the sum of events leading up to a currently achieved outcome (e.g. "it was her destiny to be leader" and "it was her fate to be leader")." from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destiny