Como dizer "meu/minha ex" em inglês

Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Pessoal,

Em consulta aos dicionários, vi que "ex" pode ser usado para pessoas (ex-girlfriend, ex-husband, etc.). Mas, como ficaria no caso de uma empresa que mudou de nome? Peguei o trecho abaixo no Google apenas para exemplificar:

"A empresa Transamazônia (ex-Eucatur) informou que(...)".

Como menciono o nome anterior da empresa como num caso desses?

tks in advance

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Hi Flavia,

How I would say this, and I think the most common way I have seen for the US would be "formerly"

for example:

"The company Transamazônia (formerly Eucatur) said that..."

I hope that this helps answer your question, please let me know if I can clarify anything.

As a silly US cultural note, you will see this used with the musician called Prince. He decided he couldn't use his name (Prince) to make records because he got into a fight with his record company. He changed his name to a strange symbol and everyone called him "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince" (O Artist anteriormente conhecido como Prince). I'm not sure that my Portuguese translation is perfect as far as how that would be commonly said in Brazil, but I think that gets my point across. The whole dispute is over now and he's back to being called Prince.

So in English you might see this as "Transamazônia, formerly known as Eucatur, said that...". This might actually be a slightly more common way to express this, at least in my opinion, but that's getting really picky.

Jeremy
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Hi Jeremy

Thank you very much!
And congratulations for your good Portuguese!

Flávia
Daniel.S 1 2 11
Hi there!

plus

former

Employees of Brown & Root, a subsidiary of Vice President Dick Cheney's former company, Halliburton Corporation of Dallas, Texas, are set to arrive at the Bagram airbase in southern Afghanistan in late April or early May 2002 (the exact date is classified) to take over the support services a Force Provider camp.

Take care

Daniel