Como dizer "Pula-pula" em inglês

Simon Vasconcelos 11 219
Bouncer jumper

I'm gonna rent a bouncer jumper to my nephew's party.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
12 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Thomas 7 62 296
Isn't "pula-pula" a pogo stick?

Same name, two things?
Simon Vasconcelos 11 219
São duas coisas diferentes, Thomas. Digo isso, mas não sei o nome em português para "pogo stick". Pula-pula é um compartimento inflado no qual crianças entram para pular, enquanto "pogo stick" é um brinquedo fino, com lugares para pôr os pés, que faz seu usuário pular e se movimentar ao mesmo tempo.
Thomas 7 62 296
Então se usa o mesmo nome para as duas coisas. Segundo o dicionário Michelis, pogo stick é pula-pula.

"Bouncer jumper" será británico. Não tenho certeza mas o nome norte-americano será apenas "bouncer".
Uma vez, quando estava assistindo Family Guy, vi o Stewie falando "bounce house". Acho que também funciona.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
The problem is that most people in Brazil use the name "pula-pula" to mean both things. In fact, in English-speaking countries they seem to be distinct playthings.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
Eu también concordaría que sería "bounce house". Eu falo inglés fluente. É meu primeiro idioma.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I agreed with you, and respect the English of a native; Andrew, my adventurer buddy.
Bouncer jumper would be the bounce house in English, no doubt.

Fact is that the discussion led to '"pula-pula" in (Brazilian) Portuguese, here people use the words pula-pula to mean both things (and one more - as you will see), so it would go with context in Brazil.

That happens because one way or the other someone pula-pula (salta y salta - in Spanish, just to make an analogy with the yo-yo movement.)

Ref. store-images.microsoft ... Ound=black

Ref. feliceeventos ... Elinho.jpg

In Brazil you can even see people abbreviate the "cama elástica pula-pula" (elastic bed) simply to "pula-pula"

Ref. pbs.twimg ... A-pula.jpg

It's that you are thinking in English and Thomas, for example, was in touch with Portuguese (hence his question). He certainly had heard someone back here refer to "pula-pula" with such meaning (and not just once.)
I would use the word "trampoline".
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes, that´s right, in English. In Portuguese people call it "pula-pula" too, I mean they often do it in Portuguese.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes, that´s right, in English. In Portuguese people call it "pula-pula" too, I mean they often do it in Portuguese.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Here in Brazil (at least in my city) we say that pula-pula is for kids party ones, with a lot of colors we say cama elástica.

And for the professional/for sports ones we call they trampolim.
Aquele grande inflavel é o Bouncer House
O que aqui chamam tanto de pula pula ou cama elastica em ingles é o Trampoline
E pula pula aquele bastão com molas é o pogo-stick