O que significa "You ain't got nothing on me" ?

ernando 2
Hello guys,

So, I've heard the expression "You ain't got nothing on me" on a video and it got me wondering what the meaning of this sentence was. I heard it before in a Bruno Mars song, but in that case it was flipped to "I got nothing on you".

After a quick Google search I find out that, apparently, it means that someone is not comparable (or as good as) the person who says this expression (or the opposite, in the case of the Bruno Mars song).

Still, I'm not quite sure about the meaning of this phase and would like to hear what you guys have to say.

Thanks in advance :D

TESTE DE NÍVEL Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Juliana Rios 24 105 394
Ernando,

I think you have it spot on. That's the meaning of the expression as far as I know.

You ain't got nothing on me = I'm totally better than you / You can't beat me / etc.

Depending on context, "you ain't got nothing on me" could also mean "you have no proof that I have done something wrong or illegal".
Donay Mendonça 22 106 1.6k
Depending on context, "you ain't got nothing on me" could also mean "you have no proof that I have done something wrong or illegal".
In other words, "eu não tenho o rabo preso com você".

More:

I got something on him = I have something on him = ele tem o rabo preso comigo.

Bons estudos.