Como dizer "deslizar pelo rio" em inglês

Hi,

Como poderia traduzir: "A festa aconteceu em um iate que deslizou pelo rio e foi um sucesso.."

Tks!

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Sera que "sailed through" ficaria ok?
timphillips 11
My suggestion
"glided along the river"
Tim
tks a lot Tim!!
Daniel.S 1 2 11
went down the river?
timphillips 11
Daniel,
I wanted to say "down the river" too. It sounds perfect - but what if the yacht was going upstream?!?!?!
So I opted for "along" instead
Tim
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
Daniel.S 1 2 11
brillian, Tim!
Andy155 2
What would the entire sentence be?

"The party happened on a yacht that glided down the river".

Is that a natural-sounding sentence? Any thoughts on that?
timphillips 11
Hi Andy155
Good question. Of course , translating phrases into reasonable English doesn't guarantee that sticking some of them together you end up with natural sounding sentences. Your suggested sentence sounds a bit clumsy to me and you didn't attempt to include everything. It exemplifies just how difficult a job good translation can be.
My suggestion for
"A festa aconteceu em um iate que deslizou pelo rio e foi um sucesso.."
might be
The party, which took place on a yacht that glided down the river, was a great success.
It is still clumsy. Which begs the question "How far away from the original text can you go without changing the meaning?"
Tim