dublack escreveu:gente, para exercicio proprio estou tentando traduzir uma musica do Pleasure P que nao existe tradução na net nem em local nenhum...
ja traduzi boa parte da musica, mas tem uma parte dela que eu to me perdendo legal (pq eu nao sei como ficaria adaptado para o portugues...)
a parte da musica eh essa:
1. 'Cause it be raining
2. and complaining you Got that water made for drinking up
3. Baby if I drown tonight
4. it's all worth it for you
5. I don't need no rescue"
ainda nao sou mto bom com phrasal verbs mas drink up seria finalizar uma bebida nao eh?mas tambem nao entendo o sentido do "Got" ai nessa frase...seria no sentido de pegar?e quando ao "complaining"?seria algo como reclamar aí?
I didn't see any reference to alcoholic consumption (drinking hard liquer) in these lyrics. I found the song at http://letras.terra.com.br/pleasure-p/1527819/
and listened to it. To me it seems like he is using the river as a symbol for his female lover and the water/drowning metaphor is used to symbolize making love, surrendering completely (going under) to the throes of passion. There may be other interpretations. Let's see what others bring to the conversation.
1. Cause it be raining = Because it is raining
2. And complaining, you got that water made for drinking up = And while you are complaining, you have that water ready (prepared) for drinking to the last drop (drinking it all)
3. Baby, if I drown tonight = if I die from taking in water into my lungs when swimming or trapped in a body of water like a lake
4. it's all worth it for you = Everything I had to do or go through was worth the price I had to pay to belong to you. (to earn your love and be in a relationship with you).
5. I don't need no rescue = I do not need to be saved because I am happy to be with you and any sacrifice I had to make was worth it.