One more time: Explicações

Olá a todos, tenho uma dúvida e gostaria de entender o porque dessa ordem das palavras. Bom o One more time é equivalente a mais uma vez, certo, entretanto, porque devemos usar nessa ordem e não "more One time" ou "more once"? Isso é uma regra ? Desde já obrigado gente, see ya :3

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
7 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Porque eles falam desse jeito.
Redseahorse 4 35 573
As expressões (One more time, Once more e Once again) têm basicamente o mesmo significado (mais uma vez); entretanto a opção ONE MORE TIME transmite mais a idéia de quantidade/não frequente/não continuidade. Já as opções ONCE MORE e ONCE AGAIN dão a ideia de algo recorrente/frequente.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
"Once" is not used multiple times in a sentence that has the word "time" in it. So we can´t say "two once" or "more once" etc. Because "once" in that context is a unique event, that´s why they say "once upon a time..." (era uma vez...).
There´s a music that reinforce it by stating "just once".

"Once again", as RedSea has pointed out would do the trick, then it would mean "de novo/mais uma vez".

Wesley has touched the other topic, so I will add some more to it.
In Portuguese, the first thing a basic learner do is make a version of "Portuguese in English" (a.k.a. PortuEnglish/PorEnglish or something like that...), but it´s not our fault or something we might be ashamed of.
It´s the structure of Portuguese that makes us to think this way, and the majority of learners of English in 8 out 10 countries out there struggle with the same (initial) problem. By students of non-English-speaking countries, I mean.

But, back to the crux. In English is "one more time/once more/once again" could be used interchangeably in most of the events.

Conversely, people of English-speaking countries struggle to talk in Portuguese, because they tend to think in terms of "one more time"
So they would try to revert to their ways in Portuguese stating "uma vez mais" instead of "mais uma vez", in Portuguese it would be understood just the same even you make the inversion but not the other way around (not in English).

That is, one would understand that you are struggling with that structure, but it wouldn´t be natural English.
Redseahorse escreveu:As expressões (One more time, Once more e Once again) têm basicamente o mesmo significado (mais uma vez); entretanto a opção ONE MORE TIME transmite mais a idéia de quantidade/não frequente/não continuidade. Já as opções ONCE MORE e ONCE AGAIN dão a ideia de algo recorrente/frequente.
Thanks my friend!
PPAULO escreveu:"Once" is not used multiple times in a sentence that has the word "time" in it. So we can´t say "two once" or "more once" etc. Because "once" in that context is a unique event, that´s why they say "once upon a time..." (era uma vez...).
There´s a music that reinforce it by stating "just once".

"Once again", as RedSea has pointed out would do the trick, then it would mean "de novo/mais uma vez".

Wesley has touched the other topic, so I will add some more to it.
In Portuguese, the first thing a basic learner do is make a version of "Portuguese in English" (a.k.a. PortuEnglish/PorEnglish or something like that...), but it´s not our fault or something we might be ashamed of.
It´s the structure of Portuguese that makes us to think this way, and the majority of learners of English in 8 out 10 countries out there struggle with the same (initial) problem. By students of non-English-speaking countries, I mean.

But, back to the crux. In English is "one more time/once more/once again" could be used interchangeably in most of the events.

Conversely, people of English-speaking countries struggle to talk in Portuguese, because they tend to think in terms of "one more time"
So they would try to revert to their ways in Portuguese stating "uma vez mais" instead of "mais uma vez", in Portuguese it would be understood just the same even you make the inversion but not the other way around (not in English).

That is, one would understand that you are struggling with that structure, but it wouldn´t be natural English.
Thank you so much, I got it and agree with you, but I still have a problem with the order of the phrase "one more time". I know at first as a learner I shouldn't keep comparing it all with portuguese. But this kind of thing simply stuck in my head.
Eu entenderia o significado se lesse e até falo sem mesmo perceber, mas, eu gostaria de entender o porque eles optam por essa ordem das palavras. Thanks again.
ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
It´s convention. Certainly it goes back to the old Anglo-Saxon.

Things of language, my buddy. Many students of Spanish might think something silly the use of ¡ (the inverted exclamation mark, why don´t they use their punctuation like we do?

In the same vein, the student of German my wonder why they count backwards "um e vinte" instead of "vinte e um".
The learner of German will also try to understand why all nouns are capitalized in that language. Why? Don´t they, since the Danish dropped such use before the spelling reform of 1748? And English that dropped it too, in the 18th century?
Conventions...conventions... ;-)
That's perfect, thank you for being so nice and help me again!