Hose down - Tradução em português

Hello everyone!

Eu estava assistindo o episódio 08 da nona temporada de How I Met Your Mother e me deparei com a seguinte fala:

"I don't want your blood on my hands, and I mean that literally, because it would be my job to hose down the rocks.

Se eu entendi direito, o "Hose down the rocks" seria lavar as pedras?

"Hose someone or something down:to wash something down with water from a hose"

Obrigado.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Hello Vhserrano.

De acordo com Reverso Dictionary http://www.reverso.net/translationresul ... portuguese segue abaixo a tradução:

I don't want your blood on my hands, and I mean that literally, because it would be my job to hose down the rocks.
(Eu não quero seu sangue em minhas mãos e eu quero dizer que literalmente, porque seria meu trabalho para regar com mangueira as pedras.)

Encontrei outras frases onde esta expressão também pode ser empregada:
Each time we go to hose down his area or to fill his water reservoirs [...] Fonte: infosurhoy.com
(Cada vez que vamos regar sua área ou encher o reservatório de água [...])

Never hose down the electric motor directly with water or cleaning fluids. Fonte: apv.com
(Nunca lave o motor diretamente com jato de água ou com produtos de limpeza.)

I hope I have helped.

See you later.

Regards!

Emanuel.
Obrigado!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
"I don't want your blood on my hands, and I mean that literally, because it would be my job to hose down the rocks."

...e eu falo/e eu quero dizer literalmente, por que eu é que iria ter o trabalho de limpar as pedras com jato d´água/que iria ter o trabalho de limpar as pedras
[hosed down aqui poderia ser aqui figurativamente, mas claro, pelo menos no pensamento que origina o pensamento envolve água. Uma vez que água, por natureza, representa limpeza]

Examples taken from linguee:
When animal enclosures are hosed down, the ferrets should be removed from the enclosure to a dry place and returned only when it is reasonably dry.

Quando os compartimentos são lavados à mangueira, os furões deveriam ser retirados do compartimento para um local seco e levados novamente para o compartimento
--------------
The system is sealed so well, everything can be hosed down when you're finished milking in the morning and evening.

O sistema é bem vedado , podendo limpá-lo bem quando terminamos as ordenhas da manhã e da tarde.
---------------------

The sheets are to be permanently elastic hosed on top.

Os filmes devem ser borrifados para cima de maneira elástica duradoura.
-------------------------

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
There´s another slightly different expression that involves "limpeza" as well.
It´s when the Fire Dept. guys arrive at a MVA scene (motor vehicle accident) on a road. Firstly, they and the paramedics and take the victims away. Then the firemen hose off the road, because of oil spilling, blood, and fragments and parts of cars etc.

Another example:
The also had a large garage for bikes (and again they didn't mind my trike) and they even offered the world's first "motor bike bathroom", where you could hose off the road dirt from your bike.

Meaning washing (to remove the dirt of it by pressure washing/by blasting the dirt off)
Thomas 7 62 297
I attach no special significance to ROCKS. The writer probably wrote it for dramatic effect. The implication is that the second person was climbing rocks and fell to his/her death.
Thomas 7 62 297
I attach no special significance to ROCKS. The writer probably wrote it for dramatic effect. The implication is that the second person was climbing rocks and fell to his/her death.
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yeah, could be that as well.