Como dizer "rua afastada" em inglês

DHST 1 2 15
Como dizer "rua afastada" em Inglês?

Contexto:

Eu dirigi em uma rua de terra afastada da cidade.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
16 respostas
I drove through a dusty road far from the city
Thomas 7 61 291
I drove down a dirt road far from the city.
I drove down an unpaved street far from the city.
DHST 1 2 15
Por acaso back street tem a ver com "rua afastada"?
Flavia.lm 1 10 96
DHST escreveu:Por acaso back street tem a ver com "rua afastada"?
Nao, "back street" = rua de tras
Thomas 7 61 291
back street = rua longe das ruas principais
COLABORE COM O SITE!
Ser um MEMBRO ASSINANTE é a melhor maneira de você, fã do English Experts, nos ajudar a manter a comunidade ativa e atualizada.
Clique no botão abaixo e veja a lista de benefícios!
QUERO COLABORAR
Marcio_Farias 1 24 213
Should we see any street that runs parallel with Main Ave. as a "back street"?
DHST 1 2 15
Acabei de achar este exemplo:

Be a tourist in your own town or down that red dirt road outside of town.

Então, outra opção seria:

road outside of town
Flavia.lm 1 10 96
Thomas escreveu:back street = rua longe das ruas principais
really? i didn't know that
Thomas 7 61 291
back street = rua longe das ruas principais

I think my definition is a good one. The term refers to streets some distance from main streets and avenues. You arrive at a town, let's say Gramado. You want to go to Canela but you want to avoid a possible blitz. There are "back streets" and "back roads" you can take to avoid the main highway between to two cities, and it is unlikely the BM will see you. None of them are truly parallel to the main road, but they are known to locals and will take you from Point A to Point B.
Marcio_Farias 1 24 213
As I see it, a São Paulo-SP denizen may regard all streets running parallel with, or located at some distance from, Paulista Ave. as back streets. Does the town you live in have what you consider main streets?
COLABORE COM O SITE!
Ser um MEMBRO ASSINANTE é a melhor maneira de você, fã do English Experts, nos ajudar a manter a comunidade ativa e atualizada.
QUERO COLABORAR
Flavia.lm 1 10 96
Thomas escreveu:back street = rua longe das ruas principais

I think my definition is a good one. The term refers to streets some distance from main streets and avenues. You arrive at a town, let's say Gramado. You want to go to Canela but you want to avoid a possible blitz. There are "back streets" and "back roads" you can take to avoid the main highway between to two cities, and it is unlikely the BM will see you. None of them are truly parallel to the main road, but they are known to locals and will take you from Point A to Point B.
This is what we call, in Sao Paulo, "rotas alternativas".
What does "BM" stand for?
Thomas 7 61 291
I am doing a terrible job of explaining this term. Back streets/back roads are not shortcuts. The are streets and roads that are far from the main or principal streets or roads. You would expect to find them in small towns, but not in big cities where heavily transited streets are common. They are not alternate routes in the usual sense. Often they are very inefficient and time-consuming ways of going from one place to another. They are good, however, if you are sightseeing, want to avoid the police, etc.

In reference to Marcio's question, the infrastructure of Costa Rica and the high number of vehicles per available streets are very bad. I can think of some back roads from one country town to another, but the town where I live does not have back streets because I am in the Valle Central where there are dozens of small towns and cities that are closely packed together. Even small streets can have lots of traffic. Regardless of where you are, you are relatively close to a major street that is probably congested and in poor condition. There are several ways to go East-West or North-South through this town, but they are so heavily used that I really don't consider them "back streets". They are merely different ways of reaching the same destination.

BM = Brigada Militar
Flavia.lm 1 10 96
Ou será que sou eu que estou atrapalhando? hehe

estamos falando de estradas vicinais?
Thomas 7 61 291
Flávia, you are so cute that we all love your questions and comments. Post on!
LOL
Henry Cunha 3 18 184
Nesses contextos, eu penso em proximidade, conhecimento e uso, por ex:

distant relations = família (parentes) afastada (-dos)
remote (back) streets = ruas afastadas
COLABORE COM O SITE!
QUERO COLABORAR
Adriano Japan 2 20
back-street = taking place in secrecy and often illegally

→Example:
Back-street abortions on the rise, global report warns

FONTE

só pra constar :roll: